Thread: email account hacked whenever login to blackberry 9800

GsmIndia.in Board Browser

Default email account hacked whenever login to blackberry 9800

My email accounts are getting hacked continously from past 5 days. I have accessed my email accounts from 2 pc's, one from my home pc and one from my office pc, and this are hotmail and yahoo email account. I have also configured my email account on my blackberry 9800 torch. Surprisingly, when first time my email account was hacked I received information about my account from alternate email id, and I safely reset my hotmail password but am still able to receive email on my blackberry. So, if I had reset my email address then in my blackberry 9800, shouldnt it ask for password to login to the email, since i reset it. The same incident has happened for past 3 times and I dont have clue whether its the blackberry (RIM) service problem or the Vodafone carrier that I am using, since vodafone might be getting all the information related to my email account and its password, when I login on blackberry?

Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Dinsh View Post
    My email accounts are getting hacked continously from past 5 days. I have accessed my email accounts from 2 pc's, one from my home pc and one from my office pc, and this are hotmail and yahoo email account. I have also configured my email account on my blackberry 9800 torch. Surprisingly, when first time my email account was hacked I received information about my account from alternate email id, and I safely reset my hotmail password but am still able to receive email on my blackberry. So, if I had reset my email address then in my blackberry 9800, shouldnt it ask for password to login to the email, since i reset it. The same incident has happened for past 3 times and I dont have clue whether its the blackberry (RIM) service problem or the Vodafone carrier that I am using, since vodafone might be getting all the information related to my email account and its password, when I login on blackberry?
    Hello,

First of all, when you get email from your alternate email id regarding the actual account password reset, it does not mean your account is hacked. It is because someone tried to request a new password for your account. Anyone can just use your email id and click the Forget Password, and hotmail will send a reset link to your alternate email. This link will stay active for 24 hours. There is no need to use this email sent by hotmail, if you can log in with your old or normal password. If this is happening all the times, so someone is trying play a mischief with you.

Secondly, regarding the carrier using your data, this is not possible, when you are using a Blackberry. Any data that goes on or comes in to your BB comes via RIM server and is encoded, this cannot be decoded by your carrier. So no foul play from carrier.

B.R.,
    Viru

Hi viru
    Someone tried to configure a different email address on my @hotmail.com account and removed my @yahoo.com email address, I am unsure how they got access to my OFFICE PC.

We have a hardware firefall, antivirus etc. everything setup + my PC has a firewall and antivirus too,
    Best part being I re-formatted my PC yesterday morning, assuming that something is wrong in PC, changed all my passwords as well and configured my mobile phone to use new passwords.

Check the attachment below, which shows unknown login to my Yahoo account from 2 diffferent locations. Also note I am from India but the account activirty shows login from Netherlands and Unknown location.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ahoologin.jpg/

Administrator

Hello,

Well though Blackberry is the safest device to use in terms of its encryption, the safety can be compromised by the use of some softwares like Facebook, Twitter, FarmVille and many others. These provide tunnels to passout the data in case if someone wants to play foul.

Anyways, you can just reset all your passwords again, and make sure to use passwords that include alpha numeric as well as symbols and minimum 8 digits.
    Should solve the issue.

B.R.,
    Viru

Administrator

Hi viru
    Someone tried to configure a different email address on my @hotmail.com account and removed my @yahoo.com email address, I am unsure how they got access to my OFFICE PC.

We have a hardware firefall, antivirus etc. everything setup + my PC has a firewall and antivirus too,
    Best part being I re-formatted my PC yesterday morning, assuming that something is wrong in PC, changed all my passwords as well and configured my mobile phone to use new passwords.

Check the attachment below, which shows unknown login to my Yahoo account from 2 diffferent locations. Also note I am from India but the account activirty shows login from Netherlands and Unknown location.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...ahoologin.jpg/
    These days it doesn't matter what IP or location it shows, use of proxy and VPN are at the best these days.

B.R.,
    Viru

dear viru,
    thank you so far for keeping up with me,
    Everytime I am changing my passwords with use of Large + SMall letters + numbers + special chars even with 20 digit lenght..
    my password is getting compromised.

I have taken utmost care to change all the details on my hotmail account which could let my password reset as well.

is there anyway, I can reformat my blackberry device ?

Last alternative will be to quit the device !!

dear viru,
    thank you so far for keeping up with me,
    Everytime I am changing my passwords with use of Large + SMall letters + numbers + special chars even with 20 digit lenght..
    my password is getting compromised.

I have taken utmost care to change all the details on my hotmail account which could let my password reset as well.

is there anyway, I can reformat my blackberry device ?

Last alternative will be to quit the device !!

USE "BBSAK" to reset your Blackberry

http://www.gsmindia.in/forum/showthr...l=1#post218537

Thread Information