I have been asked by a lot of people how to proceed all 3 operations for together 1 credit. Even if there are step-by-step procedures in help it seems that not many people still reads help..
Here is the procedure:
Please read the following instructions carefully!
Not following the instructions exactly may result in severe problems with phone.
This procedure allows latest CID52 firmwares to be uploaded to red CID49/51 phones without having to convert them to CID52 first.
Moreover, it allows you to unlock the phone without having to pay extra server credits - everything for 1 ordinary server credit only.
* Be sure to have downloaded and installed all relevant Cruiser Firmware Restore packages for DB2020 phones.
* Ensure the phone battery is fully charged.
* Make a GDFS backup using our DB2020 GDFS reader software [for free].
* Make a security zone backup using our DB2020 GDFS reader software [for free].
* Ensure you have at least one server credit available.
* Turn the phone on, then by pressing the >*<<*<* "secret" key sequence enter phone service menu. Go to the Service info submenu, then select the Software info item. Write down the first 2 or 3 lines describing the phone firmware version.
* Attach the phone normally, preferably via DCU-60 or DCU-65 cable.
* Go to the Security RSA tab and press the Unlock RSA button. One server credit will be deducted.
* Note: Now the first 768KB of main firmware is overwritten, so it has to be restored or reflashed by a suitable main FW flash file.
* Flash the main firmware and raw filesystem to the phone. CID and certificate color do not matter.
* [Optionally you may perform direct unlock operation at this step - for free of course].
* Customize the phone. For free, no server credit will be deducted.
* Turn the phone off (e.g. by pressing the <Ctrl-O> key combination).