Thread: Plz Help

GsmIndia.in Board Browser

Default Plz Help

Hi,
    plz tell me. i buy htc niki 100 mobile but i change the language in to english how i can do this.
    Last edited by lover033; 27-02-2009 at 12:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lover033 View Post
    Hi,
    plz tell me. i buy htc niki 100 mobile but i change the language in to english how i can do this.
    Changing the Language of your Device

If you bought a device in Germany, and want an English OS, chances are that you will have flashed it with an English ROM. However, a problem pops up: you may still be communicating in German, and now your (hardware) keyboard keys are giving you wrong letters, the words suggested when you enter them in a SIP are in English, the PhonePad SIP anticipates English words when in T9 mode, and Pocket Word is checking your spelling - in English.
    This document describes how to fix all of those in a central location.
    Note that for any registry edits, you should reboot the device by pressing the On/Off-Button 5 seconds (in contrast to pressing the reset-button with the stylus) to make sure that the registry is written away to the Persistant Storage on a WM5 device.
    Your device Locale - how to change the letters entered when pressing keys on the hardware keyboard.

Change slide-out keyboard layout

If you have a Device from one country, but would like to use the keyboard layout of another, you can change the keyboard's language setting to do so...
    For US layout (QWERTY):
    HKCU\ControlPanel\Keybd\Locale = 0409 (REG_SZ string)
    For German layout (QWERTZ):
    HKCU\ControlPanel\Keybd\Locale = 0407 (REG_SZ string)
    For French layout (AZERTY):
    HKCU\ControlPanel\Keybd\Locale = 040C (REG_SZ string)
    For Spanish layout (AZERTY):
    HKCU\ControlPanel\Keybd\Locale = 0C0A (REG_SZ string)
    For other codes, see: http://www.microsoft.com/globaldev/reference/winxp/xp-lcid.mspx
    Note that the values are STRING values, not DWORDs!
    PhonePad language - how to change the language being anticipated by the T9 method in the PhonePad SIP.

This one is quite easy - go to: Start > Settings > |Personal| > Input
    Now select "PhonePad" in the "Input method:" drop-down
    Click the "Options..." button
    Go to the "Languages" tab
    Set the "Database:" drop-down to whatever language you want the T9 method to base its predictions on.
    Click "OK"
    All done!

However, if you're having trouble switching languages for whatever reason, it can be modified through the registry as well:

HKLM\Software\HTC\Intellipad\Languages = N (DWORD decimal)
    Where N is:

0 = English1 = German2 = French3 = Italian4 = Spanish5 = Portuguese6 = Czech8 = Dutch17 = Turkish
    Suggested words dictionaries - how to change the suggested words when entering words in many SIPs, such as the 'keyboard'

Change suggested words dictionaries

You can change the dictionaries that are used for 'Suggested Words' to a different language by changing the following values:

HKCU\ControlPanel\Sip\DictFile = "\Windows\AutoComplete\statdict.dat" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)
    HKCU\ControlPanel\Sip\ProbFile = "\Windows\AutoComplete\dictprob.dat" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)
    To replace these with a different language, you must first acquire the "statdict.dat" and "dictprob.dat" files for the languages you wish to use if not already on your device. E.g. "statdict_NL.dat" and "dictprob_NL.dat" for Dutch. Place these in a location on your Device, and adjust the above two values to point to their new location.

Alternatively, you can replace the files currently being used: rename the two files to "statdict.dat" and "dictprob.dat" and place them in your "\Windows\" folder, overwriting the existing files there.
    User suggested words dictionary

In addition to the system dictionaries for the suggested words, there is also a user-defined one, compiled by Windows Mobile dynamically. The location of this file is in: "\Windows\dyncompdict.dat". This file can safely be deleted. Editing the contents of this file is more difficul, please see the following for a useful application to generate a new one: http://www.hollmen.dk/content/view/26/31/
    Spellcheck dictionary - changing the spellcheck dictionary used by e.g. Pocket Word

Change the Pocket Word spellcheck dictionary

You can change the dictionary used by Pocket Word to perform spell checking by adjusting:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Spell Check\Main_Dict = "\Windows\mssp2_en.lex" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Spell Check\User_Dict = "\Windows\custom.dic" (REG_SZ string, no quotes)
    To replace the spell checking lexicon, again, you must first acquire the "mssp2.lex" for the language you wish to use, e.g. "mssp2_nl.lex" for Dutch. Place it in a location on your Device, and adjust the above "Main_Dict" value to point to its new location.

Alternatively, you can replace the file currently being used: simply rename the file to the current file in use (e.g. rename "mssp2_nl.lex" to "mssp2_en.lex", and place it in your "\Windows\" folder, overwriting the existing file there.
    Please note that the User_Dict filename may default to a different location and name on your device
    Symbols List - Changing the symbols when using the Sym hardware key along with a regular key (select devices)

Change the Symbols List
    To change the Symbols List simply find the file "\Windows\sym.txt", and edit + save this file. The structure of the file is pretty straight-forward:
    On each line, type the regular letter or number for the key as it is when normally pressed. Follow that letter up with the alternative characters ('Symbols') in the order you wish for them to appear. For example, from a WWE ROM:

eèéêë
    This will replace the letter 'e' when using the Sym key with 'è', then when striking the Sym key again with 'é', then 'ê', and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by lover033 View Post
    Hi,
    Hello,

Try the above and post the result. Maybe you can also try flashing with memory card and flash file with required language.

Thread Information