Thread: HOW TO ROOT GALAXY S DUOS GT-S7562 AND INSTALL CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY { Tutorial }

Cool HOW TO ROOT GALAXY S DUOS GT-S7562 AND INSTALL CLOCKWORKMOD RECOVERY { Tutorial }

Samsung Galaxy S Duos model GT-S7562 Rooting

• Samsung Galaxy S Duos Rooting Kit : Galaxy S Duos S7562 Rooting Kit.zip

Installation Instruction:

• Extract the zip file first

• The kit contain the following files: CWM-SuperSU-v0.96.zip, CWM-Superuser-3.1.3.zip, odin.zip, recovery.tar and stock_recovery.tar.

• Now you have to power off your smartphone so that you can enter in download mode.

• Now to boot your phone in Downloading mode press Volume Down + Home + Power button together

• A warning will appear on your device. Now Press Volume Up to continue to the downloading mode. You should see a screen with "Downloading...." written on it.

• Now connect your phone to PC via USB cable.

• As we have already extracted the rooting kit on pc so go to that folder and extract odin.zip and open Odin3 v1.85.exe from there.

• ODIN should detect your smartphone on any of the COM ports and if successfully detected it will be highlighted by yellow box if not install the driver again. As shown in the pic below.

• You will be seeing various boxes: some checked and some unchecked by default you will have to check the box listed below and rest should be unchecked.

1. Auto Reboot checked.

2. F. Reset Time checked.

3. PDA checked.

4. All other boxes should be unchecked.

• Now click on PDA button under the Files (Download) section in ODIN and navigate to the folder where we have extracted rooting kit and select recovery.tar file and click on open.

• Now before proceeding to next it is mandatory to remove the back cover of the phone because you will have to remove the battery with a perfect timing after completing the next step so be ready.

• OK now click on start in ODIN and let the ODIN complete the flashing process. Don't interrupt the process the green box in Odin window shows "Pass", and now your phon will be reboot.

• When the phone reboots, a vibration will signify that the phone has shut down completely. Don't let the phone to boot just after the phone vibrates, remove the battery. So we prevented the phone to boot again as this would've activated the install-recovery.sh script to re-install the stock recovery. You can now disconnect your phone from the pc.

• Now copy CWM-superuser-3.1.3.zip to your phone's external or internal sdcard. The file is present where you have extracted the rooting kit.

• Power off your device and boot into clockworkmod recovery by pressing Volume Up + Volume Down + Home + Power button together till the Samsung logo appears followed by the CWM Recovery screen.

• When you enter recovery mode touch screen will become function less so use the volume up and down to move up and down, home botton for selection and power as back.

• In the CWM menu Scroll down to Backup & Restore and select backup. Let the backup process complete. Make sure you have enough free space to performing the backup say approx 500 MB.

• After completing backup go to "Install Zip from sdcard" option and select "Choose zip from external sdcard" or "Choose zip from internal sdcard" depending on where you copied the file "cwm-superuser-3.1.3.zip" in previous step.

• Finally select the cwm-superuser-3.1.3.zip and select the "Yes" option to root your device. Once the process get completed Reboot your phone.

Last edited by jamesjerss; 13-07-2013 at 06:35 AM.

GsmIndia.in Board Browser

Great tutorial!!! I have a s7562 stoped for months waiting a solution for rooting!

is this work on galaxy s gt i9000

Quote Originally Posted by Bgn91 View Post
    is this work on galaxy s gt i9000
    tis tool vil not wrk n i9000 .. which firmware version re yu running n yur mobile. i vil hlp yu 2 root yur mobile.

hola, me gustaria saber como instalar room en gt s7562. gracias

is it work? is it possible this method?

no it doesn't work on galaxy s qt i9000

not work this time my mobi

how to root xolo x910

the link to file doesnot allow download to complete