Finding Your Lost iPhone or iPod Touch

If you’ve enabled Find My iPhone on your iPhone or iPod touch, you can find its approximate location on me.com (requires iPhone software version 3.0 or later, and your MobileMe account set up on your device).

For more information about iPhone OS 3.0 availability and features, visit the iPhone OS software update website.

iPhone OS website

To find your lost iPhone or iPod touch:

1. If you’re not already logged in to MobileMe Account, go to www.me.com, log in, and then click the Account button in the toolbar at the top of the window.

2. Click “Find My iPhone” in the sidebar (on the left).
If your iPhone is online (turned on and connected to a data network such as Edge, 3G, or Wi-Fi), its approximate location will be shown on the map (it may take a few minutes).
If your iPhone is offline (turned off or not connected to a data network), but you’ve used Find My iPhone in the last week while your device was online, its last known location is shown.
To locate your iPod touch, it needs to be on, not asleep, and connected to a Wi-Fi network that is registered in the Skyhook database.

3. Click Update Location (below the map) to try to refine the location.
Note: Maps and location information depend on data collection and services provided by third parties. These data services are subject to change and may not be available in all geographic areas, resulting in maps, directions, or location information that may be unavailable, inaccurate, or incomplete.