Thread: F.A.Q Blackberry

GsmIndia.in Active Teen Unlock Trigger's Avatar

Lightbulb F.A.Q Blackberry

Some Information About All BlackBerry phones

## How To Connect Phone With Pc.??
    connect your phone to pc with data cable (same motorola v3 usb cable)

##To update the software on your Handheld or update the BlackBerry Desktop Manager software on your computer:

Quote:
    Download the Handheld Software to your computer.
    Install the Handheld Software onto your computer.
    Check the box next to “Yes, I want to start the Application Loader (or Desktop Manager)”, and click Finish.
    If Application Loader doesn’t launch, you can launch it by navigating to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\AppLoader. Double click on the file named Loader.exe.
    Connect your handheld to the computer with the USB data cable.
    Follow the on-screen instructions to update the software on your Handheld.
    If you also want to update the Desktop Manager software, download the Desktop Manager Software to your computer. Choose the Desktop Manager version depending on if you need multi-language and Media Manager support.
    Install the new Desktop Manager onto your computer.

##BlackBerry Operating System Downloads
    download link here

and dont forget to Delete the vendor.xml file located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

To Be Continued Soon.....

Regards,Trigger

Cool Some question & answer

Question: My phone asks to enter a PIN number
    Answer: For SIM cards with PIN ENABLED you will be required to enter a PIN. This is not the unlocking code that has just been provided. For information concerning the PIN, PIN2, PUK and PUK2 codes for a SIM card please read the manual that came with your phone or contact your carrier. This is not a handset unlocking issue.

Question: Nothing happens when I type MEPD / MEP2
    Answer: Try the following: (note the characters will not appear on the screen when typing the characters)
    1. Put any SIM card in the handset. Can be active/inactive. If you already have a SIM in the handset, try a different SIM from a different carrier/provider.
    2. Go to Wireless Connections in the main menu and turn off all connections, then follow the unlocking procedure again.
    3. Ensure in the personalisation list the NETWORK option is ACTIVE (this means the phone is locked as the network lock is active) if it does not, check the phone is not already unlocked by putting in a SIM from a different carrier.

Question: BlackBerry Storm 9500/9530 - I am having problems entering MEPD and MEP2
    Answer: Due to the fact you can't see what you're typing in the hidden menus, you should keep trying. For every attempt you must exit the menu before trying again. We recommend hovering over the correct character and then when you can see the correct character light up blue, then click the screen.
    Also ensure there is a SIM card in the phone and try the procedure again. This can be any active/inactive SIM card from any network.

Question: I've successfully unlocked the handset but cannot use BlackBerry Data/Web/Email services
    Answer: You will need to contact your carrier and ensure you have a working BlackBerry Internet Service / Bolt on attached to your tariff and that the BlackBerry has registered on their network. This usually is an extra cost and gives you access to the BlackBerry data services. If you already have this service, ask your network to ensure the handset is properly registered and ask them to send the 'Service Books' to the handset which will update any settings you have in the handset. Most carriers have a dedicated BlackBerry support team.
    Tip: The following procedure can sometimes kicks the network into action - Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > BlackBerry Logo Button > Register Now

Question: I've received more than one code from you, which one do I use?
    Answer: Enter each code until you see the 'Code Accepted' message. Only one will be the correct unlock code. You should have 10 attempts to enter the correct code.

Question: My phone only shows 3 tries left and you have sent me more than 3 codes
    Answer: Please contact us using the contact form and let us know this as we may need to read your phone with a small application to verify the 1 correct code or suggest what codes from our experience depending on your model.

Question: My phone shows 0 tries left when asking for the MEP code
    Answer: If you have received this message, this means that 10 attempts at entering the correct unlock code have been used. Unfortunately in this circumstance the only way to unlock the handset is via a hardware solution at a service center.

GsmIndia.in Board Browser

really informative!!
    i am learning so much

Thread Information