Introduction:
This Field Service Bulletin gives instructions in how to handle phones that suffer of a Boot issue when it freezes at Nokia Logo in RM-555/RM-553 (N97 Mini) trasceivers. This document is based in internal TB#18 “Boot up Freezes at Nokia Logo”.

Description:
Symptom: Boot Failure: Boot up stops and freezes at the Nokia logo phase.

Procedure:
The phones, having this issue, may boot up occasionally. Therefore it is recommended to try to power up
the phone 5 – 10 times: See section 1 from below.

If the phone just won’t boot up, the only solution is to flash the N97 mini phone with SW v.11.0.045: Refurbishment flash with the updated mass memory files. See section 2 from below.

1. Try to power up the N97 mini handset from 5 to 10
times

1.2. If the phone boots up, please start the cmd.exe(PC: Start – Run – Open: cmd) and run the check disk correction with the following command: chkdsk /e
Please note that the “e” in the above command line means the mass memory drive (removable drive). The letter, indicating the drive, may differ from PC toPC, and may be also some other letter than “e”.

1.3. It is recommended to back-up the consumer data

1.4. Flash the N97 mini phone with 11.0.045, or newer, SW (including the mass memory).

2. If the phone does not boot up, but hangs at the Nokia logo phase each time, the please make a Refurbishment flash for the phone with SW 11.0.045 (or newer SW if available).

Please make sure that the mass memory packages are installed and so to be flashed with the refurbishment flash.

Tested repair method, I think this kind of HINTS are better earning profit for every mobile technical man, rather than Repair/Unlock NOKIA with CHEAP dongle & hoping for FREE support updates, after that doin CHEAP services to customers. Only clever guys will understand my words here. Especially UB users & supporters, thanks for the long support from U all.

If UB users think this kind of repairing hints are useful, i will post more latest. Otherwise, i will not waste anyone times here.

Regards.