Thread: How To Use Custpacks.

GsmIndia.in Active Teen .::salamatali::.'s Avatar

Wink How To Use Custpacks.

Question:
    "What are custpacks, and how do I use them?"

Answer:
    Custpacks are zip-files containing ORIGINAL customization files. These serve as basic configuration files for the handset, which languages to allow, data accounts, branding etc...

Using custpacks is preferable to checking "COMPLETE PHONES AFTER FLASH" in "Settings". "Complete..." uploads a "working" customization, but the files are not handset-specific and their use might lead to the following:
    1: Phone won't work with SEUS.
    2: Phone will be refused at a service-center as EMMA might pick it up, and that it's pretty obvious that the phone has been "tampered with".
    3: Software fuckups.
    4: Etc...
    Now, some of the above will be avoided by using custpacks. I''ve attached some screenshots to demonstrate their use.

Screen one:
    Select a proper MAIN/FS combination (duh...). Then select the desired custpack in MISC. SETool => v.0***77 will tell you which languages it contains/allows, the CDA etc.
    Screen two:
    Uncheck "Complete..." in "Settings".
    Press FLASH.

Screens three and four serve only as a map for finding custpacks @support. In my example, the selected custpack will configure the K750 as a generic EUROPE_4 one. It is found inside the large K750 custpack archive. Other handset custpacks might have been uploaded separately. Just look for the desired CDA.

GsmIndia.in Active Teen mahersaab's Avatar

thanxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thread Information