Thread: [TUTORIAL] How to use partition scripts

Default [TUTORIAL] How to use partition scripts

In this tutorial, you will find how to use the new script features for reading partitions, making your own backups for repairing phones and writing them. Using scripts is very easy. Please check each step carefully so that you wont miss anything.

1) Start Easy JTAG program and switch to the JTAG Flasher tab.

2) Select brand type and MCU, in my case m using Galaxy S3 R530U, so most of the similar phones init will work with this phone too. Hence i have selected SPH-L710.

3) Click Connect to device and check log for successful connection.

4) Now go to your Easy-JTAG installation directory, in my case it was H:\Mobiles\Z3x\EasyJTAG\ . Now go to scripts folder and copy file named "Show_Paritions_EMMC_GPT.txt".

5) Make a new folder some where with model name of the phone of which you are going to take backup, I made folder on my desktop as "R530". Paste the "
    Show_Paritions_EMMC_GPT.txt" file inside this folder.

6) Now in program, click on Run Script, and select the "Show_Paritions_EMMC_GPT.txt" files in the R530 folder you created. It will show log output in program if you have selected proper partitioning script. This will create 2 new files in the R530 folder, i.e. "dump_partitions.txt" and "write_partitions.txt".

7) Now open dump_partitions.txt and de-select partitions which you dont want to flash/restore/backup. You need to add # in the start of each partition, in this case, we are not going to backup MODEM,BOOT,SYSTEM,USERDATA,CACHE and GROW so i have added # in the start of each line.

Next....................

8) Once the backup is done, you should see a log like this

9) Now you need to similarly edit the write_partitions.txt file as you did with the dump_partitions.txt file. Now click on Run Script again and select "write_partitions.txt" file and you should see something like this.

10) Now connect phone which you want to repair, i.e another bricked R530 and click on Run Script. Select "write_partitions.txt" script inside the R530 folder and you will see something like this. Be sure that you have added # ahead of each partition line which you dont want to flash or which is not in the folder, do not rename the files.

So this is it, as you can see it is pretty much easy and hassle free. Enjoy your Z3X EasyJTAG box

NOTE: Do not always include EFS to flash, only restore in conditions which you are sure that the phone is having issues related to EFS

Thread Information